Saturday 27 June 2009

The Blessing


The Blessing, originally uploaded by I Am Martin!.

Church! Now, I'm not religious at all but I like the sense of community within our area. (Old Heath, Colchester) And of course, the Church is at the heart of the community!

I recently attended my friends' newphews' Christening (hope that was clear..) and took my camera along. At the end of the service I had a chat to the vicar, a friendly chap named Richard.

Since that day I have been to a couple of services at the local church (St. Barnabas, Abbots Road) It hasn't persuaded me in any way of becoming a religious person. What I think is important is that everyone knows the fundamental beliefs of their state religion and, although Great Britain is incredibly diverse in terms of religion I see Christianity as this country's 'natural' (not quite sure that's the correct term) religion.

In relation, I fully admit to knowing absolutely nothing about Christianity and in some ways have enjoyed learning some basics.

The image is during the important date of 'Corpus Christi' on the Christian calendar.

1 comment:

  1. All power to your elbow, Martin. Keep letting it wash over you.

    ReplyDelete