Monday 29 June 2009

Learning The Exhibition Way


The Ever-Present Nun, originally uploaded by I Am Martin!.

Since the turn of the year Rusty and Barbie have been encouraging me to enter various exhibitions. I think to date, I've entered 7 and received 6 (est) acceptances. Which is good, I hope.

It has transformed the way I go about taking a photo and totally reformed my mindset when mentally thinking of an image. Which is good, and I enjoy photography alot more since entering the BPE circuit.

I keep meaning to organise and record which images achieve acceptances, just to see how my new 'stuff' is doing. Images which I thought would make a good exhibition image back in december I wouldn't consider to send away for selection, except 2...

The Ever-Present Nun, taken in Vatican Square last June/July on my travels. This image seems to have done well for me in the way of acceptances.

The other image is The Chosen One.. taken in Madrid train station around the same time, also gaining a couple of acceptances.

As I previously mentioned, compare these images to my recent 'works' and I think you'll find more cognitive thinking has gone into them rather than point, shoot and hope for the best.

I thank Rusty and Barbie for pushing me and daring me to do better, going out on shoots with them is great fun and provokes alternative ideas rather than the obvious. Which then installs the same thought process when photographing on my own.

1 comment:

  1. You're a little darling, but to give us any credit at all is incorrect. You have a naturally creative eye together with a analytical mind. IF you have the determination you can be amongst the elite. It does take dedication and A LOT of hard work but you can do it given time, as long as you continue to have the ambition. Time can diminish it, so stay focused.

    ReplyDelete